1. CITIZEN KANE -1940 Orson Welles (Amazon $15.99)
Watch it once as a movie (and give it time-- you'll get into it) then again as a comic artist looking at the compositions of every shot.
2. SUNRISE -1927 FW Murnau
3. CABINET OF DR. CALIGARI (1920)
4. NOSFERATU (1922)
Movies for STORY-- although still some great visuals. Watch these and you'll see great storytelling in action.
1. DOUBLE INDEMNITY (Billy Wilder 1944) it was on Netflix, may still be.
2. MALTESE FALCON (John Houston 1941)
3. SUNSET BOULEVARD (Billy Wilder 1950) on Netflix
4. THE USUAL SUSPECTS (1995)
5. THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION (1994)
Other great "noirs"
KANSAS CITY CONFIDENTIAL
KISS ME DEADLY
OUT OF THE PAST (1947)
THE ASPHALT JUNGLE (1950)
DIAL M FOR MURDER
NORTH BY NORTHWEST
TO CATCH A THIEF
Check 'em out.